Support Your Library
Used Books and Movies
Drop off your gently used books and movies to help us grow our collection or provide great titles for our semi-annual book sale.
Help the library survive and thrive by donating to the Library Fund for general operational costs. Thanks to your support, the library is able to grow and provide the resources and programs the community needs to succeed.
Help Make Our Wishes Come True
If you would like to help the library in a more specific way, you can do so by taking a look at our “Wish Book” at the front desk. This book is filled with items that the library is in need of, but does not currently have the budget to purchase. There are items to fit any budget, so you can donate a specific item to help the library run more efficiently. Your support is always appreciated!
Other Ways to Show Support
Volunteers are a valuable resource for helping the library run smoothly. The Library uses the services of volunteers, age 13 and older, to supplement the duties and activities of paid staff. Stop by the library and pick up a volunteer application at the front desk.
Join the Friends of the Library
Friends of the Library members and volunteers actively promote Library services and resources while sharing their love of books with the community. The Friends foster a positive relationship between the Library and the community, secure volunteers, and raise funds to support the Library.
Kroger Community Rewards
Register online at krogercommunityrewards.com
- Be sure to have your Kroger Card handy and register your card with your organization after sign up.
- Click on Sign in/Register
- If you are a new online customer, click on SIGN UP TODAY in the “New Customer?” box.
- Follow the instructions given on the Sign Up page. After entering your email address you will then get a message to check your email and click on the link within the body of the email to verify your account.
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Enter “Shelbyville – Bedford County Public Library” and click on confirm. You should see your organizations name on the right side of your information page and on your Kroger receipt each time you shop.
Amazon Smile – You Shop. Amazon Gives.
Register online at Smile.Amazon.com
- Log into your Amazon account.
- Choose a Charity from the menu on the right. Friends of the Library, (Location Shelbyville, TN)
- Once you do this, each time you order from Amazon.com be sure to log in under the Smile.Amazon.com address and Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the Shelbyville – Bedford County Public Library.